Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 4621/3
  • QPS1
  • (1 posts)

Good thing I didn'r click on recurring charges on company Credit Card so I wouldn't be out of a job next month.

 

I''ve been programming since the Abaucus. Then, 7 differenrt programming languages afterwords.

I've spent over 20 hours on this site tryiing to set-up a main group and several sub groups to no avail.

What Does This mean? or WTF is this? (i.e. frustration indicator at array out of bounds)

 

Quote from Page 62 " You don’t directly create sub-groups. Instead, you create sub-group administrators."

Serously? I have to use one of my users names as a Sub group? You guy's SERIOUS?

Heres' wht a folder structure should like?

 

Group ADMIN - Super user who can create Shares, sub shares. (i.e not email names but actual share and sub share names)

Shares - Actual share names with the ability to define which users can access them.

Share Admin - Who can only Read/Write and assign users to his/her owned assigned  share folder by the "ADMIN".

Users - With permission levels to read Only, read / write / create to assigned shares,

This is basic stuff. Whay I can't do it with DriveHQ? Can someone show me the errors of my way?

 

This now makes me ask the same quesrtion the poster before me asked.........

Is this a Scam? Because I could not try this before I actually purchased the service because 1 free Group account, does not tell the story,.

Bottom line, Only reason I signed up with DriveHQ was because of the digram that showed the permission hierachy, be it in a deceitfull manner and for the Web zDrive Feature.

 

So now I am dealt with......

My CEO login in to what he think is the company share under

Myemail, Share Read/ Share Write? Really? This is a buisness centric product?

Letme guess, yopu didn't outsource your programmers. You might have gotten it right!

29 days left before de activation........... Unless, I am proven wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


11/17/2014 11:05:17 PM

  • DriveHQSupport
  • (427 posts)
Subject: Re:Group Accounts? Subuser Accounts>? group Read? Group Write? Cruel Joke? Enter...
 
Thank you for your message. I hope you understand that Enterprise software / service does have some initial learning curve. When you choose our service, I guess you want  a service that is more than just being easy, you actually want some advanced features, right? We offer great phone and email support. So if you have any questions, please feel free to call/email us directly. I am sure once you figure it out, it will be much easier than you thought and it will save you a lot of time.
 
>>> I've spent over 20 hours on this site tryiing to set-up a main group and several sub groups to no avail. What Does This mean? or WTF is this? (i.e. frustration indicator at array out of bounds)
It seems you are used to a very different product / design and keep thinking that way; that must have caused the problem. Most users can figure it out easily, technical background is not even needed.
 
>>> Quote from Page 62 " You don’t directly create sub-groups. Instead, you create sub-group administrators."
>>> Serously? I have to use one of my users names as a Sub group? You guy's SERIOUS?
 
I personally supported over a thousand business customers, I have not heard any complaints on this. Note:
   - The subgroup administrator is a user, you can use the account just like any other sub-user. So you don’t waste one user license.
   - By default. DriveHQ offers one main account and one free sub-user license. So if you order 20 user licenses, you actually get 21 user licenses + 1 main account, essentially offering two extra user licenses for free.
   - DriveHQ’s user license price is the lowest in the industry. For only $6/user/year, that’s many times lower than other service providers.
   - DriveHQ’s sub-group is a so-called “management group”; a sub-group is automatically created when you create a Subgroup Administrator. The sub-group administrator can create more sub-users in his sub-group.
 
>>> Heres' wht a folder structure should like?
The folder structure is independent of user structure. This is designed to offer more fine-granular access control. (ACL-based access control). Please note:
   - Each user on DriveHQ has his/her own “My Storage”, which is similar to “My Computer”. Each user has full access to his/her own “My Storage” folder. A user cannot see other user’s “My Storage” folder.
   - To control folder access, you just need to share folders. A user (usually the group owner account) can create folders in his “My Storage”, then share folders to other users and specify a permission level.
   - You can share folders to various users with different permissions; you can also share folders to sub-groups and contact groups.
   - If UserA shared a folder to UserB, UserB can simply logon his/her own account, then access the shared folder from “DriveHQ Share”.
   - The Group owner can allocate storage space and download bytes using the Group Admin tool. In many cases, the group owner does not allocate any storage space to sub-users. This way, sub-users can only use folders shared by the Group Owner.
 
>>> Group ADMIN - Super user who can create Shares, sub shares. (i.e not email names but actual share and sub share names)
>>> Shares - Actual share names with the ability to define which users can access them.
>>> Share Admin - Who can only Read/Write and assign users to his/her owned assigned  share folder by the "ADMIN".
>>> Users - With permission levels to read Only, read / write / create to assigned shares,
 
You are thinking very differently. To share a folder on DriveHQ, just select a folder, then click on the Share button (or right click on a folder and select Share), it is that easy. Once you learned how it works, I am sure you will find it is not hard, and it is more powerful and flexible.
 
>>> This is basic stuff. Whay I can't do it with DriveHQ? Can someone show me the errors of my way?
 
Please try our file sharing feature first. You will realize that our sharing is very flexible and powerful, and it is also very similar to Window server-based folder sharing.
 
>>> Bottom line, Only reason I signed up with DriveHQ was because of the digram that showed the permission hierarchy.
If you have multiple departments or office locations, just create sub-group admins for them. Please note user management and folder access rights are independent. This allows more fine-granular access control. You will be able to control every folder’s access level to every user.
 
Lastly. The group owner’s username is usually the company name. Using the group admin tool, you can change a sub-user’s username. But you cannot change the group owner’s username, for that, which you just need to email us and we can do it for you.
 
Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Reply
11/18/2014 3:38:39 AM

  • seanw1
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re:Group Accounts? Subuser Accounts>? group Read? Group Write? Cruel Joke? Enter...

 

DRIVE HQ  >>>>> You are thinking very differently.

No I am Not. What I am asking for is very "BASIC"

A basic Folder Tree.

[MAIN SHARE]  

[SHARE A]   [SHARE B]   [SHARE C]   - What you call sub groups except they are users in your case.

Then admin and sub admins assign user access to  each of those shares (Sub Admins to their own share]

All users will be using the "SAME" shared space (That is allowed access i.e. Shared with them). HENCE THE TERM FILE SHARE.

This is how most file servers work

 

DRIVE HQ >>>  I hope you understand that Enterprise software / service does have some initial learning curve. 

Learning curve is that you are "Misleading" your users in to thinking that they can actually create a "GROUP" and SUBGROUPS''' (I.e. Shared Folders as group and sub groups). Not that a group and each subgroup is a user liscense.

 

Drive HQ >>>> I guess you want  a service that is more than just being easy, you actually want some advanced features, right?

 

No, See above. No, this is a NOT AN  ADVANCE FEATURE REQUEST. This Directory / Foldr / File structure has been around since the the first floppy drive.

 

DRIVE HQ >>>>>>>>> - Each user on DriveHQ has his/her own “My Storage”, which is similar to “My Computer”. Each user has full access to his/her own “My Storage” folder. A user cannot see other user’s “My Storage” folder.

No, I don't want each user to have his/her own "My Storage" space. I only want them to have access to the storage space in what is shared to them (I.e. Sub Group assigned to them. Oh wait, that is what the Sub User has shared with them).


Reply
11/18/2014 8:11:06 AM

  • DriveHQSupport
  • (427 posts)
Subject: Re:Group Accounts? Subuser Accounts>? group Read? Group Write? Cruel Joke? Enter...

>>> A basic Folder Tree.

>>> [MAIN SHARE] 

>>> [SHARE A]   [SHARE B]   [SHARE C]   - What you call sub groups except they are users in your case.

>>> Then admin and sub admins assign user access to  each of those shares (Sub Admins to their own share]

>>> All users will be using the "SAME" shared space (That is allowed access i.e. Shared with them). HENCE THE TERM FILE SHARE.

>>> This is how most file servers work

You just need to create folders and share to users. It is that easy!

 >>> Learning curve is that you are "Misleading" your users in to thinking that they can actually create a "GROUP" and SUBGROUPS''' (I.e. Shared Folders as group and sub groups). Not that a group and each subgroup is a user license.

I am not sure why you keep making such accusations. You just need to create a subgroup admin user and see for yourself.

A Subgroup on DriveHQ is a “Subgroup with a SubGroup Admin Account”. Why do you want to create a subgroup without a subgroup admin user? If you want so, then you don’t need a subgroup. You can simply share a folder to multiple users by entering their usernames.  ( You can also create a contact group, and you can share a folder to a contact group. A contact group is like an address book. It does not require a user license. )

>>> Drive HQ >>>> I guess you want  a service that is more than just being easy, you actually want some advanced features, right?

>>> No, See above. No, this is a NOT AN  ADVANCE FEATURE REQUEST. This Directory / Foldr / File structure has been around since the the first floppy drive.

If you have used advanced folder sharing on Windows file server, then sharing a folder on DriveHQ is obviously easier; and we also support fine-granular access control.

>>> No, I don't want each user to have his/her own "My Storage" space. I only want them to have access to the storage space in what is shared to them (I.e. Sub Group assigned to them. Oh wait, that is what the Sub User has shared with them).

Please read our previous reply. You have two options:

-       -   Each user can be allocated with storage space. In this case, they can use “My Storage” like “My Computer”.

-       -   You can allocate 0 bytes to a sub-user(s); this way, you will need to share folders to the sub-user(s). A sub-user can only access the specific folder(s) you shared to him/her.

Please feel free to call / email us directly if you have more questions.

 

 


Reply
11/18/2014 12:48:19 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?