Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 16732/2
  • electrotechie
  • (2 posts)

My professional email receiver service duocircle.com rejects emails from cameraftp.com because they are sent from 85.233.160.75 which is not in the list of SPF records published for cameraftp.com

The spf record in question reads:

cameraftp.com.          3600    IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a ip4:66.220.9.35/27 ip4:184.105.146.163/27 -all"

which, as you can note, does not include 85.233.160.75  For your interest the "-all" at the end of the line means "stop everything that is sent from any IP address range not already matched".

I am unable to find any way of "supporting" camerftp to trigger them to correct their spf record or abandon spf (i.e. change the last few characters to "+all"). Does anyone know any way of contacting cameraftp admin support (ie. supporting them not me)?

Regards, Ray (Electrotechie)

5/9/2018 5:53:06 AM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (299 posts)
Subject: Re:noreply@cameraftp.com is sent via an smtp server not in SPF list

The IP address 85.233.160.75 does not belong to CameraFTP or DriveHQ. I guess you just received a spam email?

CameraFTP's SPF record is correct.

5/9/2018 8:45:26 AM

• electrotechie
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re:noreply@cameraftp.com is sent via an smtp server not in SPF list

Sorry, my error; the "sender" was a mail redirector from names.co.uk.

If you are interested read on:   I am a bit puzzled about why it should have happened. I have two MX records on my shay-mwa.com domain both servers of which redirect mail received destined to ray.foulkes@shay-mwa.com to ray.foulkes@gmail.com. Today I changed the MX  priority from names.co.uk to duocircle. For some reason names.co.uk received the email from cameraftp and redirected it to duocircle instead of delivering it to gmail. Since duocircle saw the ip address from names.co.uk IP address it rejected the email which triggered my panic. Gmail is more tolerant of receiving redirected emails and notes the SPF failure but accepts the email.

Quite why names.co.uk redirected it to duocircle rather than just sending it to gmail, I cannot imagine.

Very sorry to cast doubts on your SPF records.

5/9/2018 2:03:25 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003