DriveHQ’s Enterprise WebDAV Drive Mapping Solution is designed for businesses. It is optimized for Windows Explorer and Microsoft Office. It is much more robust than any regular WebDAV solutions.
DriveHQ's WebDAV solution does not require any client software. You can map DriveHQ Cloud Storage as a network drive simply by using a secure WebDAV URL. This is extremely convenient, esp. if you cannot install any client software, or if you don't want to install any client software. The detailed information is available online at:
However, if you are willing to install a client application, it can make it easier. We have recently developed a tool to assist users mapping a drive. You can download it from:
DriveHQ Enterprise WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool for Windows.
Dependent on your Operating System version, you might need to install .Net Framework 4.x first. If so, the setup wizard will direct you to the Microsoft download page. You can download it and install it first, then run the DriveHQ WebDAV Tool Setup program again.
WebDAV Drive Mapping or DriveHQ FileManager?
WebDAV Drive Mapping is the most straight-forward way of accessing any cloud storage. It works very well if you have small files (e.g. office documents, Text, HTML, PDF and image files).
However, if you have large amount of data, or if you need to download / upload very large files, then using DriveHQ FileManager is strongly recommended. DriveHQ FileManager is much more robust and efficient in uploading / downloading large amount of data.
Moreover, DriveHQ FileManager has the following features that are not available to WebDAV mapped drive(s):
(1) FileManager can automatically synchronize a local folder with a remote folder. This way, you can keep a local copy of your files.
(2) FileManager supports data compression for faster upload and download;
(3) FileManager supports automatic and manual resuming. If upload or download is interrupted, it can resume from where it was interrupted.
(4) FileManager supports data encryption (using the Encrypted Folder feature). Your data can be encrypted locally before uploaded to DriveHQ server using your own encryption key.
(5) FileManager supports Share and Publish. You can right click on a folder to share it with other users. You can set different permissions for different users. You can also create static links to your folders and files.
(6) FileManager is available on almost all platforms, incl. Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
Whether you want to use drive mapping or FileManager is totally up to you; and you can certainly use both. For heavy users or group administrators, FileManager is strongly recommended. For non-technical users, drive mapping might be easier.