I used parts of a:
- 1923 T Delivery Truck (left-over parts from previous projects, the
fender/running board assembly and roof)
- 1925 T Roadster (used the left-over body for the lower part of the
- 1925 T Roadster (chassis, engine, tires, wheels, radiator, engine
hood; spare parts received from a fellow model builder)
- 1927 T Touring (the red seat in the cabin)
The chassis and running boards were lengthened to get the right
length for a Model T Truck.
The upper part of the cabin was made from 1mm plastic. The roof is
part of a 1923 Delivery Van roof. The interior was made from
African padauk veneer, a dark red wood. It was sanded and lacquered
eight times. The last layer was sanded with very fine (1200)
waterproof sandpaper to get a super smooth satin finish. After that
the veneer was cut in the correct pieces, glued together and treated
with a dark furniture wax. The floor is oak veneer and was treated
the same way as the padauk.
The detail painting was done with
the black paint mixed with some gold .
I'm pleased with the result. It was a very long and difficult job
but very rewarding and great fun.
- roof 14 parts
- rear door 20 parts
- inside panels, floor and roof 75 parts
- outside panels 60 parts
Grand total: 169 parts.
And four 100ml cans of Tamiya TS14 gloss black paint...!