Anthony's Model Cars
1921-1925 Ford Model T Chassis
The problem with building model cars is that all the chassis and engine
details are always hidden behind body parts. So I decided to built a
chassis only. As usual I started with some research to find out how
the actual T chassis looked like. That proved not to be as easy as I
thought. Allthough there are lot of pictures of the T models, there
are surprisingly few pictures showing just the chassis. Not to
mention things like information about the wiring diagram, gasoline
tank and other small things.
But eventually I managed to find all the information I needed and here is the result. The base for the chassis was an ordinary AMT Ford Model T kit but I added:
- the brake pull rod on both sides (very thin plastic rods)
- the gasoline tank with fuel line and sediment bowl (scrap built from plastic and brass parts)
- the spark plug wiring (made from a wire from an electric cable)
- the ignition wiring (a small electric cable with 4 wires, painted green, blue, red and black)
- and a horn on the left side of the engine.