Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 2294/1
  • harrydog2
  • (1 posts)

Hi, I am trying out the free trial before going ahead with an account. I want to be able to download the files sent into CameraFTP from my cameras onto a drive here.  I have found where to do this from within Camera FTP but it just goes to a blank browser view and no further.  I have tried different browers with the same results.  Is the download function restricted in the trial version or is there something else I am missing?

5/9/2015 6:23:48 AM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (125 posts)
Subject: Re:Downloading from CameraFTP

I just tested it using a web browser and I can download files without any problem. You just need to log on www.cameraftp.com, then click on My Cameras, then click on the folder icon below your camera thumbnail. You can then see a list of files / subfolders. Locate the files / folders that you want to download, then check the checkbox before (or below) the file / folder name, click the Download button in the toolbar, you can download the selected files / folders. If you still cannot get it to work, please email CameraFTP customer support with more detailed information.

To download more files / folders at once, you need to use an FTP client program, e.g. FileZilla, WsFTP, CuteFTP, SmartFTP, etc. (Recommended).

You can also use Windows Explorer (Note: not Internet Explorer) to download multiple files / folders. From Windows Explorer, you can enter the following address:

ftp://USERNAME@ftp.cameraftp.com/   (Replace USERNAME with your actual username. Your username cannot be an email address). It will pop up a logon dialog. You can log on using your cameraftp username and password. After logon successfully, you can see a list of files and subfolders. You can drag and drop the files / folders to a local folder.

If you want to delete your files / cameras, you must log on with your username and "Secure Password". Your secure password cannot be the same as your regular password. This is to prevent an intruder from deleting your recorded data even if he gained access to your camera. Your Secure Password is initially set to be the same as your regular password. For better protection, please change it to a different password. 

5/18/2015 4:22:29 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?