Read/Reply : 29268/3
  • LWE
  • (2 posts)

Hi All,

Looks like a great service, I appreciate the trial.

Anyway if I go ahead and pay for the service will the lag time before being published be reduced?  Is it a function of internet bandwidth at my site?

Its about 3-4 minutes right now if we could get that down to say 30 seconds that would be good.

Thanks for any assistance.

4/3/2015 1:49:45 PM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (299 posts)
Subject: Re: Published Camers

Ordering a subscription should not have any impact on the time it takes for published material to be made available. Are you just talking about the time it takes to access the publish? This should only take between 1-2 minutes. This unfortunately cannot be reduced as our system has to process the static URL for that published camrea. If you can provide a bit more detail as to the nature of your issue, please email us at support@cameraftp.com 

Best,
CameraFTP Support

4/3/2015 2:03:36 PM

• LWE
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re: Re: Published Camers

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  4/3/2015 2:03:36 PM

Ordering a subscription should not have any impact on the time it takes for published material to be made available. Are you just talking about the time it takes to access the publish? This should only take between 1-2 minutes. This unfortunately cannot be reduced as our system has to process the static URL for that published camrea. If you can provide a bit more detail as to the nature of your issue, please email us at support@cameraftp.com 

Best,
CameraFTP Support

I should have mentioned that I am running it through "Cameraftp Virtual Security System", and when I look at the actual video files on cameraftp with filezilla, is it the case that "Cameraftp Virtual Security System", only pushes out the video files every 2-6 minutes, and can that be changed? 

I am looking to share how long the line is at the car wash, so I really only need a still shot every 5 seconds, is there any option for higher resolution but lower framer rate?

thx

4/3/2015 2:18:21 PM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (299 posts)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Published Camers

User: LWE  -  4/3/2015 2:18:21 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  4/3/2015 2:03:36 PM

Best,
CameraFTP Support

I should have mentioned that I am running it through "Cameraftp Virtual Security System", and when I look at the actual video files on cameraftp with filezilla, is it the case that "Cameraftp Virtual Security System", only pushes out the video files every 2-6 minutes, and can that be changed? 

I am looking to share how long the line is at the car wash, so I really only need a still shot every 5 seconds, is there any option for higher resolution but lower framer rate?

thx

If you are using Virtual Security System, then uploading video files is your only option; these will be 60 second files, so you will have to wait at least 1 minute for the upload to complete.

Based on your requirements, it sounds like it would work best for you to use our standard image upload service at a 1 frame/5 seconds frequency. With this solution, one snapshot of the line will be uploaded every 5 seconds.  You should configure your camera to upload directly to CameraFTP rather than set it up via VSS. Were you using a webcam or an IP Camera? If you were using a webcam, you will not be able to use our snapshot recordering feature. If you are using an IP camera, you can configure this to upload directly to our servers.

Let us know if you have other questions. You can reach our email support 24/7 at support@cameraftp.com

Best,
CameraFTP Support

4/3/2015 3:38:25 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003