Read/Reply : 7621/9
  • Jeffocal
  • (2 posts)

Could someone please give me informations as to how I can cancell my subcription to Drivehq so that I will not incur any more charges?  There does not seem to be a way to do it on their web site. 

Thank you

Jeff

5/28/2008 5:24:17 PM

• DriveHQ Webmaster
  • (1099 posts)
Subject: Re: Cancell service - just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account --> Subscr...

You can do so online:

Just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account --> Subscribe --> Current Subscription.

You can then select a subscription service and cancel it.

Please note you must delete your files; or if you are a group account, you must delete sub-users before you can cancel your subscription.

Please note DriveHQ customer support generally doesn't support service cancellation, unless you have really tried and have difficulty cancelling by yourself.

5/28/2008 5:52:39 PM

• Jeffocal
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re: Re: Cancell service - just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account --> Su...

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/28/2008 5:52:39 PM

You can do so online:

Just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account --> Subscribe --> Current Subscription.

Please note you must delete your files; or if you are a group account, you must delete sub-users before you can cancel your subscription.

Please note DriveHQ customer support generally doesn't support service cancellation, unless you have really tried and have difficulty cancelling by yourself.

Below is a copy of the what appears on the "current subscription" page.  There does  not seem to be a way of cancelling you current subscription without upgrading to a new one first.

Could you please tell me how I can cancel my current subscription with our opening up a new one so I will not be charged for a service I no longer need.

Jeff

Please note annual service is treated as Prepaid Monthly Service.
- All services are recurring until canceled.
- DriveHQ does not automatically debit your credit card. Please make monthly payments or pay several months at once. Annual service is recommended.

Order Item ID Order Date Service Name Price
17398 5/28/2007 12:05:08 PM 1 GB Subscription Service $2.50

Upgrade, change or cancel subscription

If you want to upgrade your service or change your service from monthly plan to annual plan, you can make a new order and cancel your current subscription. You won't lose any un-used credit. You can also make a deposit to your account. The amount should be equal to or greater than the service price minus remaining balance in your account. You should then send an email to support@drivehq.com.

We recommend our users switch to annual plan. You will get a discount of two months off.

- To cancel your service, please click on the service you want to cancel and then click on the Cancel button.

* Based on our service agreement, you won't receive a refund if you cancel your service. However the remaining balance can be used to upgrade your service.

5/29/2008 4:02:21 AM

• DriveHQ Webmaster
  • (1099 posts)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Cancell service - just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account --...

User: Jeffocal  -  5/29/2008 4:02:21 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/28/2008 5:52:39 PM

You can do so online:

Below is a copy of the what appears on the "current subscription" page.  There does  not seem to be a way of cancelling you current subscription without upgrading to a new one first.

Could you please tell me how I can cancel my current subscription with our opening up a new one so I will not be charged for a service I no longer need.

Jeff

Please note annual service is treated as Prepaid Monthly Service.
- All services are recurring until canceled.
- DriveHQ does not automatically debit your credit card. Please make monthly payments or pay several months at once. Annual service is recommended.

Order Item ID Order Date Service Name Price
17398 5/28/2007 12:05:08 PM 1 GB Subscription Service $2.50

Upgrade, change or cancel subscription

If you want to upgrade your service or change your service from monthly plan to annual plan, you can make a new order and cancel your current subscription. You won't lose any un-used credit. You can also make a deposit to your account. The amount should be equal to or greater than the service price minus remaining balance in your account. You should then send an email to support@drivehq.com.

We recommend our users switch to annual plan. You will get a discount of two months off.

- To cancel your service, please click on the service you want to cancel and then click on the Cancel button.

* Based on our service agreement, you won't receive a refund if you cancel your service. However the remaining balance can be used to upgrade your service.

Hm, from the Current Subscription page, please just click on the link (order ID) to view the details, then click the Cancel button.

5/29/2008 4:54:59 AM

• Kit Wilson
  • (1 posts)
Subject: Re: Cancel service

Help please with a Problem:  I cleared my files and cancelled my service online as outlined on the day renewal was due.  While I mind paying for the unused month ahead that is now due, I can do that, provided this will TRULY cancel -- CANCEL!-- my subscription -- no more charges, no more membership.  How can I ensure that paying the last bit I supposedly owe won't re-activate my account and cycle me through into receiving more charges for future service I do NOT want to use?  Help me to escape from DriveHQ, please?  (I've liked it, but my need is over, and I feel trapped here.)

2/19/2011 11:45:08 AM

• kevgooss
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re:Cancell service

i'm starting to think that the cancellation process is being made complicated for a reason

2/1/2012 1:03:42 PM

• DriveHQSupport
  • (427 posts)

Your account has been deleted per your request. Please contact support: support@drivehq.com for more questions.

2/1/2012 2:01:00 PM

• DPSBelgium
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re: Cancell service

User: kevgooss  -  2/1/2012 1:03:42 PM

i'm starting to think that the cancellation process is being made complicated for a reason

I agree with kevgooss. Look like cancellation is indeed made very complicated in order to steal as much money as possible from us. I signed up for a paid account too but cancelled it a few hours later. But I will be billed for a whole year. No refund possible, not even a partial refund (e.g. 11 months). Kinda strange. I only used the service for 4 hours...

2/16/2012 9:16:01 AM

• DriveHQSupport
  • (427 posts)

Hi, we're sorry to hear some of you have been having trouble with cancellation.  Please understand that our cancellation process is not designed to be difficult, although we are certainly aware that some improvements should be made.  Please know that we do have these improvements on our roadmap.  Right now you can cancel any subscription by going to my account - subscribe - current subscription - order item id.  You will see the cancel button.  Please also understand that we have a no refund policy stated on the subscribe page as well as our membership agreement page.  The free account is designed to let you try the service before you decide to pay for a premium plan.  If you feel that our premium service does not meet the standards of what is advertised on the website, please email us and we will try our best to ensure your satisfaction.  Please email support@drivehq.com.     

2/16/2012 9:59:44 AM

• DPSBelgium
  • (2 posts)

No refund policy? Well, pretty convenient isn't it? Yeah, yeah, I know already that the "terms & conditions" clearly state that no refund is possible but do you really think people actually read those terms & conditions? I know I don't. I don't have time reading 40 or 50 pages full with rules and conditions that only exist to protect DriveHQ. But who will protect us?

I bought a one-year subscription but after 4 hours of using/configuring it, I was not happy with it so I asked to cancel my subscription/order. I paid for the whole year but only used the service for 4 hours. Do you really think it's fair that I still have to pay for a whole year?

Support told me that the DriveHQ subscriptions are seen as a "software license" and therefore no refund is possible because the seller (DriveHQ) can't determine if the user actually uninstalled the software... I don't think that's a good rule though. These subscriptions are rather an online service and DriveHQ can easily determine if I still use my account/subscription. All actions on my account are logged (just take a look at your "History tab") so I don't think it's hard to see that I don't use the product anymore. If DriveHQ would really want to make me happy, they should come with better "excuses" for stealing my money!
I know one thing for sure: I will never, never recommend DriveHQ to any of my clients or friends!

2/17/2012 9:43:29 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?