Create New Backup Tasks
Online Backup supports real-time backup and scheduled backup.
If you want your files/folders to be backed up as changes occur, choose Run Manually under Schedule tab (i.e. real-time backup).
This might affect your system performance if the amount of data is too huge or if the source folder contains a
lot of files. In this case, you can setup the backup task to automatically start at scheduled time (i.e. scheduled backup).
You can create new backup tasks to backup your important business and personal files.
- Launch the application.
- Click Create New Backup.
- In the popup box, type a name for the new backup task, then click OK.
- Click Source & Destination tab.
- In the Source box, choose the local folder you want to backup.
- In the Destination box, enter your username and password.
Click Schedule tab, select one option to setup the start time for the backup task.
Click Advanced Settings tab.
- Run Manually: to start backup task when you click Run Backup Now.
- Other options: to automatically start backup task at scheduled time.
You can check more advanced setting options for the backup task.
To finish backup task creation, click Save Backup.
- In File or Directory Names to Exclude box, click to add some specified file or directory names to the list, click to delete names from the list.
- In Paths to Exclude box, click to add some specified paths to the list, click to delete paths from the list.