| DriveHQ Online Backup 5.0 Help
DriveHQ has bundled the Online Backup service with all other storage related services. If you have a DriveHQ account, you can use the Online Backup service immediately; otherwise, you can sign up a DriveHQ account. You must install DriveHQ Online Backup client software to use the automatic online backup feature.
DriveHQ Online Backup has a lot of advantages over your local backup solutions:
- Online (Offsite) backup is the only secure backup solution that can protect your data against major disasters, such as earthquake, flood, fire, or virus / hacking, etc.
- No need to buy or setup any backup device. You can backup / restore your data online easily.
- Backup and restore files from anywhere. No need to carry any backup device or change backup media, etc.
- Business backup that supports group accounts, multiple computers or multiple users.
- Backup servers when nobody is logged on; backup laptops / PCs with un-reliable Internet connections.
- Access, share or collaborate files remotely online using DriveHQ Online Storage service.
- DriveHQ uses multiple levels of redundancy to protect your data, which is also usually more secure and reliable than your own backup.
- DriveHQ has a state-of-the-art data center, which is co-located with Hurricane Electric. The facility has 24x7 onsite security and surveillance cameras, virtually unlimited network bandwidth, redundant network connections and redundant power supply, etc.
- DriveHQ Online Backup has a much lower overall cost, when you consider the hardware, software, setup, maintenance and reliability factors.
DriveHQ Online Backup main features:
- Supports scheduled backup;
- Supports real-time backup;
- Supports incremental backup;
It only backs up files that are new or modified after last backup. Other files are automatically skipped.
- Supports Volume Shadow Copy, can backup open (locked) files (files that are being written to). This can be used to backup Outlook PST files or database files;
- Keep multiple file versions;
- Backup multiple PCs (for no extra licenses);
- Group Backup (backup multiple users’ PCs);
- Supports HTTPS / SSL;
- Data encryption (save encrypted data on DriveHQ cloud storage);
- Data compression for faster upload / download;
- Data caching for faster upload / download;
- Supports MagicUpload for very fast Upload in certain cases;
- Integrated with DriveHQ online storage & sharing system, can access, share and collaborate files with multiple users remotely. Can use FTP to access files backed up to DriveHQ.
For more info about DriveHQ Online Backup, please visit:
You can click on the Live Demo link to see a flash live demo.